General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Effective Date: May 1, 2018
For users based in the European Union (“EU”), the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland (the “Designated Countries”).
Please read the information below:
- 1. Information we collect about you
- 2. Where we store data
- 3. How we use your information
- 4. Disclosure of your information
- 5. Updating or correcting your personal data
- 6. Cancelling your account or deleting your personal data
- 7. Choices regarding control of your personal data
- 8. Lawful Bases for Processing
- 9. Information related to data collected through the OpenEdu service
- 10. Data Security
- 11. Cookies and other technologies
- 12. Direct Marketing
- 14. How do you contact us with questions?
1) INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect several types of information about users of our Services.
We will collect and process your personal data when you register for our Services, namely when you create an account, subscribe to a newsletter, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication. Your personal data are:
- • Name, surname, place of birth, address, telephone and mobile nuber, ICQ, skype ID, AIM ID, Yahoo ID, MSN ID.
- • Courses you create; courses you attended or you are attending; courses you have been invited to attend.
- • Your online activities (messages, chats and log-ins)
When ordering services on the Website, you may also be asked to provide a credit card number and other payment-related information. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is required to use the Services (e.g. registering an account) and some is voluntary. If you do not provide data when needed for a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
We also collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers and/or software, to administer our Services, and to gather demographic information.
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and the operating system version, so we know the best version of the application to provide you. We do not ask you for, access, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our App or Services.
We are not a site targeted at children or those under the age of 18. If you are a school and you use a OpenEdu service for children under the age of 18, or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, you are responsible for obtaining consent from the parents/legal guardians of each child you wish to allow to participate in using any of our Services.
2) WHERE WE STORE DATA
Your data are stored in… see above
3) HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- • To present content from our Services in an effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- • To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- • To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- • To contact you about our Services
- • In any other way we may describe when you provide the information or when we prompt you regarding a new use of information about you.
4) DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose personal data in the following circumstances: (i) if it is required by law enforcement or judicial authorities, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation; (ii) if we have a good faith belief that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process; (iii) to protect our rights, reputation, property or the safety of us or others; (iv) to defend or enforce our rights or your obligations; (v) if the disclosure is required by mandatory professional standards.
5) UPDATING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We offer settings to control and manage the personal data we have about you as Free User or as a Client, including the ability to:
● Delete Data
- ○ Free User: through a user-friendly application form, in 15 days the cancellation will be completed.
- ○Client: once the contract will not be renewed, in 15 days the cancellation will be completed.
- ● Amend or Rectify Data
- ○ Free User and Client: through your account
- ● Right to Access and/or Download Your Data: hrough your account via the following link http://www.openedu.co.uk/mydatarequest
You may change your personal data associated with your account on your “My Profile” tab.
- ● Delete Data
6) CANCELLING YOUR ACCOUNT OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may choose to close your account in which case we will delete your information, including your learning history, within 15 days of your request. However, we may retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), comply with contractual obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms of Service or Website Use Policy, or fulfil your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed. You can request to close your account on where ( http://www.openedu.co.uk/deleteaccount)
If you would like to access the information that we have about your use of and access to Openedu.co.uk Services, please request it through http://www.openedu.co.uk/mydatarequest) or by emailing as us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Unless you choose to close your account, your data will be retained for no more than 5 years from the last contact you have had with the our Service
7) CHOICES REGARDING CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can access some of the information that we collect about you. For example, by logging into your account, you can access information regarding the courses you are attending or have attended; certain personal data we maintain about you; your communication preferences; and your payment settings.
8) LAWFUL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g., to deliver the Services you have requested) and “legitimate interests.”
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact http://www.openedu.co.uk/mydatarequest o email@example.com. You can also consult http://www.ico.org.uk/ as ICO is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest
9) INFORMATION RELATED TO DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THE OPENEDU SERVICE
10) DATA SECURITY
Access by you to your account is available through a password and/or unique username selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone, that you change your password often using a combination of letters and numbers, and that you ensure you use a secure web browser. We cannot be held accountable for activity that results from your own neglect to safeguard the secrecy of your password and username. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out of your account after you are finished in order to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer.
Please notify (firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form at: http://www.openedu.co.uk/contact) as soon as possible if your username or password is compromised.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed and we shall have no liability to you or any third party for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal data in our control may have been compromised, we will try to notify you. To the extent you have provided us with your email address, we may notify you by email and you agree to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please contact us at email@example.com or fill the form at: http://www.openedu.co.uk/contact) with the alternative contact information you wish to be used.
11) COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
12) DIRECT MARKETING
We currently do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your permission.
14) HOW DO YOU CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS?